For 2012 we are creating a list of 12 different ways you can help amphibians and reptiles. This month, we focus on working with other people and tackling the aken perceptions the animals sometimes face.
Idea Number 6. Spread the Love
|Toad Ambassador Nathalie Cox shares her passion for the gardener's friend: the toad|
Here are some tips to help us spread the love:
• Get involved in some education volunteering. This could be with Froglife, a local nature site, your local Amphibian and Reptile Group, or even a captive collection in a museum or a zoo.
• Show people the wildlife in their patch or yours. Introduce the frogs in your pond or the newts in the nearby nature reserve to some new friends.
• Question discrimination and stereotyping and let people know about your passion and interest for the animals. Share what you love about them, their fascinating lifecycles and how they link to other animals in the ecosystem. Do some mythbusting.
• Make comments on websites that have misinformation about the animals.
• Share your cool wildlife shots with your friends and others on social networking sites.
We'd love to know how you get on. Do share your story and any tips.
You can also help by sponsoring animals on our website. Click here to find out more.