As we have shown through the list of our 12 favourite ideas for actions to help amphibians and reptiles in 2012, there are all sorts of indoor and outdoor things you can do to get involved. One of the key things that the conservation sector needs more of in general is funding, and this is something you can help with too.
Idea Number 7. Fundraising
|Every penny donated helps support Froglife's conservation and education work|
The whole team gets involved in fundraising, whether it’s developing a new project and writing a bid, or something more personal. Staff and volunteers have undertake swims and runs, and Froglifer Laura Brady ran a half marathon for us in 2011. “I chose to do it for the challenge,” says Laura. “I’d do more challenges in the future as it’s something that really benefits you and wildlife. You finally push yourself to do something you’ve always wanted to, for a purpose more than just yourself!”
We really appreciate everything that people can do, directly and indirectly, to help us raise funds. A big thank you goes to all of our Facebook fans who recently helped us to win a £1,500 donation by voting for us in a competition by pet insurance company Animal Friends.
Here are some ideas if you fancy getting involved in helping support amphibians, reptiles and habitats, many of which can be fun too!
• Undertake a sponsored challenge like Laura and fundraise through Virgin Money Giving
• Contact us for a Froglife fundraising jar
• Hold a non uniform day at school
• Organise a bake or crafts sale asking for donations for homemade goodies
• Go to a car boot sale to get rid of some of your clutter
• Organise a music event like Froglifer Jodie Coomber, who combined her love of rock music with fundraising at our Reptiles Rock event last year - thanks to the band Cobra who donated ticket sales and donations from the night!
• Open your garden and ask for donations
• Take part in Bridge PR's Pinterest competition and pin your bridge pictures
• Set up a legacy donation for Froglife in your will, or have a memorial collection rather than flowers
• Shop with us online
• Sign up and shop through Every Click, and online stores will donate on your behalf
• Enter our Great Crafted Newt competition
• Make an online donation at Ploink
• Sponsor a project at The Big Give
• Download the Froglife song
• Sign up as a Froglife Friend
• Make an online donation
How did you get on? Have you got any top tips for others having a go at fundraising? Please do share your tips and stories with us.
Photo: Laura Brady